The regular season schedule is now available online! Here are a few notes:
• Opening Day : Saturday, April 23. Arrive at the Belknap County Courthouse BEFORE 8:15 AM (do NOT bring calendar fundraisers here, they cannot be accepted by your coaches during the parade). The parade then commences through downtown Laconia, ending @ Colby Field at Opechee Park. 9:00 AM Opening Ceremonies including a live rendition of the National Anthem by Bethany Clifton, prizes drawn for fundraising calendars, first pitch, and more! Games will begin at 10:00 AM.
• Pictures : Individual and Team pictures will be taken in the Laconia Middle School Multi-purpose Room on Tuesday, May 3rd. The picture schedule will be posted this week.
• Memorial Day Weekend (Friday to Monday) there are no games or practices scheduled. Enjoy the long weekend!
• Concession Duty : Each family is expected to work 1 or more concession duty shifts. This year coaches will have a concession duty sign up sheet. Please sign up for at least one of your team's 2 or 3 concession duties for the regular season. This year we are having three teams work on Saturdays for better coverage. Working in the concession, not only is it mandatory, is the biggest reason we are able to keep registration fees low.
• The week of June 6th to 10th is reserved for make up games.
Watch our Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/LaconiaLittleLeague/ for another post later tonight with more prizes for your calendar fundraisers - if you have not yet finished selling or handed them in to your coach be sure to do so and get them to your coach right away!
Did you know we have a feature on our website that may be of interest to all Laconia Little League members. You can use the dropdown beside the Cell-phone area of your personal account, Registration / Edit My Account member areas to specify your cell phone carrier. After you make this selection, all broadcast email messages, including schedule change notices and GAME CANCELLATIONS sent from the website will also be sent to your cell phone as text messages. So now if they cancel the game while you're on the road, you'll know about it right away, instead of waiting until you get near a computer or wait for a call from your Coach or Manager.
In order to make this happen, your will have to choose your cell phone carrier through either online registration or the Edit My Account feature. ALL GAME CANCELLATIONS OR CHANGES, any position-specific e-mails (Board Member, Coach, etc) and any League-wide E-mails will be sent as a text message to your Cell Phone. Choosing a carrier turns text messaging on for the corresponding cell phone number and you need to do nothing else!
*If you pay per text message, please be aware your service provider could charge for each Text Message you receive. You can cancel the service at anytime simply by removing your cell phone carrier from beside your cell phone.
Laconia Little League is now on Twitter! You can get a free account at www.twitter.com . Once you have an account, search for "LaconiaLL" or go to www.twitter.com/LaconiaLL . Web updates will be made as they are available. If you would like something posted, please e-mail and the Webmaster will post it on Twitter for you. If you would like your name mentioned in the the Tweet, please let me know.
Logging into your Laconia Little League Personal Account
If you were a player, parent, umpire, league official or other member of the 2013 Laconia Little League, you can update your information such as your address, phone numbers and e-mail addresses as they change.
There have been a few questions about how to log into your personal account on our site. If you click the "Edit My Account" button on the lower left menu and then enter your email address only, it will send you a password for your account.
You can then go in and edit the options available, such as text messaging, e-mailing notification regarding games, public/private/roster viewing of your info (please use Roster if not a coach), etc. This screen also links to all members of your family as well.
While at this screen, you are also able to update your contact information so Laconia Little League always has the most up-to-date info. If you want multiple emails on your account, please put a semicolon ";" after the first email and then enter the second email.
Thank you to Bill Salta for sharing this video on "How Baseballs are Made". Extremely interesting video you can view by clicking on Videos on the left hand side of the home page or clicking on the following link...